Sunday, December 23, 2007


Down to the Wire

Christmas is just about 24 hours away, and I don't have much left to do except wait for Santa. My cards went out, so I can finally post this picture. I still can't quite believe that this adorable little boy is my son. Especially since I do get a lot of "He looks like Ralphie from A Christmas Story!" But that movie will be twenty-five (25!) years old come next Christmas, and little Ralphie looks more like this now.

Spent this weekend in Columbus visiting my brother-in-law and his wife. The boys took Tommy for the morning, so my sister-in-law and I spent about four hours at this spa. I squeezed in a cut & color, a pedicure and a makeup consultation. I seriously didn't think I had that much girl in me, but people kept offering me bottled water and chair massages, and I just couldn't resist. It was really very shamefully opulent. But like they say, I'm worth it.

I have to say I love my hair. I cut close to three inches off of it and I'm blonder than brown now. It's a super cute bob that looks kind of Posh blown straight, but more like this when I let it dry naturally. Wow, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

My son is intrigued by my new 'do: "Mommy, what's THAT kind of hair?" He's more interested, though, in when he can get a pedicure. "Do they have foot baths for little boys?" and "When can I get my toes pink like you?" Errr, ummm, about that....I'll just change the subject.

Here are a couple random holiday-related stories that I forwarded to myself since I can't blog from work. Hope you enjoy them too.

Baby Jesus GPS

Polygamist Christmas

No comments: