Friday, February 21, 2003

I Feel Like Hoofing*
*not to be confused with huffing

Went to go see 42nd Street at the Palace Theater last night. My friend Margaret and I went as guests of one of my vendors. Stopped for coctails and hors d'ouvres at a neat place on E. 4th called Pickwick and Frolic. It's in the former S.S. Kresge Building, which used to be the old Cleveland Opera House. Martinis were yummy--I had a vodka gimlet--and there was a nice ecclectic arrangement of goodies to nibble on. Then we took a shuttle over to the Palace--a really pretty old theater--shame there are no pics on your website, Playhouse Square! The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust has pictures on their website. Just goes to show you again how far superior Pittsburgh is to Cleveland. [Smirk.] Oh wait, the show. I've been to/been involved with a lot of musicals in my lifetime, but somehow I never saw this one. I'm really glad I did. True, it was the Cleveland cast on a Thursday night with the part of Billy Lawlor played by his understudy, but it was an energetic, well-danced, and well-sung show. Makes me want to take up tap. Or at least wear tap pants. Sparkly ones.

Shuffling Off to Puerto Rico
Got a busy weekend coming up. My first class with SHRM at CSU is this Saturday from 8 to 5. I'm excited, but it's unfortunate timing. I'm heading out to PR for our manager's convention on Sunday morning and I really haven't done any packing or preparing, other than buying my formal dress. Got to cram it in tonight--heading off to Old Navy to look for some springy clothes--and tomorrow after class. Gotta spend some time with the hubby somewhere in there, too. At least I finished all of my presentation stuff yesterday so that's one less thing to worry about. The resort we're staying in does have dataports in all the rooms, along with other ammenities, so don't fret. I will be blogging.

No comments: