Friday, January 31, 2003

This is NOT a Test

Around 9:30 this morning, our receptionist announced over the loudspeaker that they were going to be testing the fire alarm, and to "disregard it" if it actually went off. So about 1:30 when it actually DID go off, it scared the bejeezus out of me. Our fire alarm here is a combination of flashing white stobe lights and piercingly loud EAS-like tones. What's worse, since they were "testing" it, it would go off for, like, half a second, and then be quiet again. Then it would go off, say, three minutes later for two seconds. But the thing is -- you NEVER KNOW when it may go off again. So I'm typetty-type-typing away here worried that the next alarm will cause my demise by myocardial infarction. (No, I didn't link to a definition for "heart attack." Just check it out.)

What is funny, though, is that ever time the alarm goes off, Kathy gets on the loudspeaker to say, "Please disregard the alarm."

Please disregard the shooting pains in my arms.

Baby Update
For those of you who have been following the Baby Saga, you'll be pleased to know that all of my blood tests came back normal. I am healthy as a horse. Primed for baby-making. Oop, except for one thing...a gallbladder ultrasound. I had hoped my first ultrasound would be pregnancy related, but, since most of the women on my side of the family have had their gallbladders removed AND I've been having some localized pain in my upper-right abdomen (unrelated to fire alarms), my doctor recommended it. Wouldn't want a baby squishing into a stone-filled gallbladder. That sounds about as much fun as, well, childbirth. Errrm.

So the plan is to go off the pill in March, utilize "alternate methods" until the end of May, and then go nutsy with the baby factory in June. At least I know that part will be fun. Been doing a lot o' baby-related reading, and found out I can track my ovulation and fertility calendar on-line. I can even email charts to my doctor, family, and FRIENDS. I bet you're all excited to hear that.


For Fun
I enjoyed poking around this site today.

No comments: